Friday, January 23, 2009

More unhappy News in the newyear.

As it turns out my Aunt Betty in Georgia has also passed on. Her funeral is this weekend. I am not going.. It's quite a ways out there, and I can't miss the work. Not to mention, I promised a dear friend that I would come and visit her for the weekend. Hopefully to raise her spirits a Little. There has been a little bit of drama in her life lately.... we'll who am I kidding, there's been lots of drama for a good long while now.
I have put together what I think to be some good ideas to make her life a little easier, and some ideas to make things fun again. Some of the ideas I have are ...

-Start a online calendar - so she can keep her and her kids appointments and special events in order. I think if I use a email calendar like Yahoo, I can have it remind her too.

-Which brings me to - getting her up to date on the Internet... emails, picture, blogs, and games of course.

-I also want her to set up an "ICE" folder (or 'incase of emergency' folder). Here she can store important medical information such as her doctors, medications and diagnosis'. That way if anything every were to happen, all of the important information would be easily accessible. She can put the kids information there too.

-I want to help her set up a daily plan... including outings for her and the kids, chores, and visits to Nana's house.

-I also want to figure out some personal goals she has for herself, and help her to archive them.

These are just some of the ideas I have thought of to get her out of her rut that she's in. I will post another blog to let you all know how it all works out. Let me know if you can think of anything else.

No comments: